If you’re feeling the need to succeed in your business, then these Inspirational Picture Quotes about Failure will set you on the right path.
In this post we give you 52 reasons to start believing that failure in business doesn’t mean game over – in fact it’s just the opposite. It means you are moving towards your goal.
We’ve got one inspirational picture quote for every week of the year (and free templates for each quote!). Prepare to have your mindset re-set as dozens of successful Entrepreneurial Business Owners, Founders, Historical Figures, and Stars share their wisdom about failure… and why you need to start viewing it as your friend who will lead you to success!
Let’s do this!
52 Inspirational Picture Quotes on Failure from Successful Entrepreneurs & Founders
We’ve taken all 52 inspirational picture quotes and displayed them in sections so you can jump straight to the part you need to hear (and share!).
Do you need a mindset shift to embrace failure? Ready to embark on a new idea, invention or innovation? Need a reminder that failure leads to wisdom and that needs to success?
We’ve got inspirational picture quotes for all of these, as well as quotes to help you rise up from failure, and that much needed picture quote when you need to push to keep persisting and get it over the line.
Free Inspirational Quote Templates
Guess what? All 52 picture quotes in this post come in 3 (free) handy template size options in Easil. They’re ready to use, so you can download and post them immediately or re-design, change the text and resize further from there if you wish. Here’s an example:Here’s how it works. All you have to do is:
- Click on any inspirational picture quote image that you want to use.
- The Template design will open up in your Easil account in 3 ready-to-go sizes (square, landscape and portrait).
- Not using Easil yet for stunning DIY Design? Start your FREE Easil account here (with a free upgrade to Plus for 30 days).
- Download and share the images on your preferred social media channels. Share to Pinterest or Facebook (portrait), Facebook and Twitter (landscape), or Facebook, Instagram and Twitter (square). Guess what? You don’t pay extra to use any of the included template images when you use our free templates!
- Want to create your own customized image from the templates? Switch out the image or text and create your own! Or use our handy re-size feature if you need a different image size.
Ready to check out our 52 inspirational picture quotes? Here they are:
These inspirational picture quotes are all about the idea of embracing failure. It’s a shift in mindset that, once you make, will lead you to better and better successes in business and in life.
But don’t take our word for it. Listen to these guys:
1. Everything you want is on the other side of fear. – Jack Canfield
2. I don’t understand a way to work other than bold-facedly running towards failure. – Cate Blanchett
3. Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be. – John Wooden
4. When something I can’t control happens, I ask myself : where is the hidden gift, where is the positive in this? Sara Blakely
5. Success is the ability to go from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm. – Winston Churchill
6. Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly. – Robert F Kennedy
7. If you don’t try at anything, you can’t fail… it takes back bone to lead the life you want” – Richard Yates.
8. My great concern is not whether you have failed, but whether you are content with failure. – Abraham Lincoln
9. Think like a queen. A queen is not afraid to fail. Failing is another stepping stone to greatness. – Oprah Winfrey
10. It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all, in which case you have failed by default. – J.K. Rowling
11. Failure is the condiment that gives success its flavor.” – Truman Capote
12. We need to accept that we won’t always make the right decisions, that we’ll screw up royally sometime – understanding that failure is not the opposite of success, it’s part of success. – Arianna Huffington
13. Failures are life’s way of nudging you and letting you know you are off course. – Sara Blakely
Ready to embrace Failure? Great. Now for the next step….
Being Prepared to Fail in order to Innovate, Invent and Create
It’s one thing to embrace the idea of failure being important and how it leads us to success. It’s quite another thing to jump in and be prepared to innovate, invent or create something unique.
Putting your “stuff” out into the world can be hard. So we’ve prepared these inspirational picture quotes to give you that gentle nudge (or big push) to do it!
14. If you’re not prepared to be wrong, you’ll never come up with anything original” – Ken Robinson
15. A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new. Albert Einstein
16. Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself. – Charlie Chaplin
17. I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying. – Michael Jordan
18. Do not fear mistakes. You will know failure. Continue to reach out. – Benjamin Franklin
19. I don’t want the fear of failure to stop me from doing what I really care about. – Emma Watson
20. Instead of failure being the outcome, failure became not trying. And it forced me at a young age to want to push myself so much further out of my comfort zone. – Sara Blakely
Good job! Now get prepared for what happens when you are prepared to fail…
Failure Gives You Wisdom and Leads to Success
This group of inspirational picture quotes is jam-packed with smart people ready to remind you to seek wisdom in your failures.
You’ve made the jump and created something amazing to put out into the world. Now it’s time to remind yourself that failure gives you wisdom that leads to success.
Whether it’s bumps in the road or big-ass failures, remind yourself that you need to gather up all the wisdom you learn from it and re-set yourself (armed with that wisdom) ready for success.
21. Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, only this time more wisely – Henry Ford
22. I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work. – Thomas Edison
23. Develop success from failures. Discouragement and failure are two of the surest stepping stones to success. – Dale Carnegie
24. Failure is success if we learn from it. – Malcolm Forbes
25. Testing leads to failure, and failure leads to understanding. – Burt Rutan
26. “I’ve come to believe that all my past failure and frustrations were actually laying the foundation for the understandings that have created the new level of living I now enjoy. – Tony Robbins
27. There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work and learning from failure. – Colin Powell
28. It is fine to celebrate success, but it is more important to heed the lessons of failure. – Bill Gates
29. Mistakes are the portals of discovery. – James Joyce
30. I thank God for my failures. Maybe not at the time but after some reflection. I never feel like a failure just because something I tried has failed. – Dolly Parton
31. “Failure happens all the time. It happens every day in practice. What makes you better is how you react to it. – Mia Hamm
Rising Up After Failure
Sometimes, no matter what you hear, or what you know to be true (or no matter how many *cough* inspirational picture quotes about failure and success are thrown at you) it can be damn hard to pick yourself up after failure.
Baby steps. When you’re ready, here’s a few people who have your back and know you can rise up after failure:
32. Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising every time we fail – Confucious
33. Every adversity, every failure, every heartache carries with it the seed of a greater or equal benefit. – Napoleon Hill
34. The phoenix must burn to emerge. – Janet Fitch
35. Remember that failure is an event, not a person. – Zig Ziglar
+ FREE Graphic Quote Templates.
36. Failure at some point in your life is inevitable, but giving up is unforgivable. –
37. Success isn’t permanent and failure isn’t fatal. – Mike Ditka
38. The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
Back on your feet ready to kick failure in the butt? Great. Here’s a few inspirational picture quotes to kick you in the butt when you feel like you’ve had enough and your’e ready to give up.
Psst: Pay particular attention to the final quote ;o)
39. There is no creativity and innovation without failure. Period. – Brene Brown
Pssst … did you know you can create GIFs in Easil too? Find out more here. Here’s one we created from this picture quote:
40. Giving up is the only sure way to fail – Gena Showalter
41. For every ‘yes’ on something, you’ll get 25 ‘no’s’. But it’s crazy how much that ‘yes’ gives you hope. – Andre Agassi
42. When I was young, I observed that nine out of ten things I did were failures. So I did ten times more work. – George Bernard Shaw
43. Failure after long perseverance is much grander than never to have a striving good enough to be called a failure. – George Eliot
44. “Do not be embarrassed by your failures, learn from them and start again. – Richard Branson
Free Template! Click on the image to edit in Easil+ FREE Graphic Quote Templates.
45. Failures, repeated failures, are finger posts on the road to achievement. One fails forward toward success. – C.S. Lewis
46. I think you have to try and fail, because failure gets you closer to what you’re good at. – Louis C.K.
47. There’s always failure. And there’s always disappointment. And there’s always loss. But the secret is learning from the loss, and realizing that none of those holes are vacuums. – Michael J. Fox
48. “Don’t be afraid to fail. Don’t waste energy trying to cover up failure. Learn from your failures and go on to the next challenge. It’s ok to fail. If you’re not failing, you’re not growing.” – H. Stanley Judd
49. I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. Twenty-six times I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed. – Michael Jordan
50. I am not judged by the number of times I fail, but by the number of times I succeed: and the number of times I succeed is in direct proportion to the number of times I fail and keep trying. – Tom Hopkins
51. Failure doesn’t mean the game is over, it means try again with experience. – Len Schlesinger
52. Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up. – Thomas Edison
Ready to Fail … and Succeed?
Phew. That is a LOT of inspirational picture quotes about failure and success.
Use them how you wish… maybe it’s one every week (there’s literally enough!) or maybe you just dive into the section you need, when you need it.
Any which-way you use this bank of quotes, we hope it gives you awesome inspiration to look fear and failure in the eye and say “welcome my friend. Now let’s go kick butt!”
Here’s one last lesson on failure from one of our favourite youngest female billionaires in the world – Sara Blakely, founder of Spanx:
“When I was a child, my father used to encourage my brother and me to fail. At the dinner table, instead of asking about the best part of our day, he would ask us what we failed at that week. If we didn’t have something to tell him, he would be disappointed. When we shared whatever failure we’d endured, he’d high-five us and say, ‘Way to go!’ The gift my father gave us by doing this was redefining what failure truly meant.” – Sara Blakely
What a gift! If you do one thing today, ask yourself (and your kids) what you failed at and what you learned. Then embrace it… because it will lead you to success.
Grab the FREE Picture Quote Templates (in 3 sizes)
Using our Inspirational Picture Quotes is super simple – all you need to do is click on any of the images and they will open to reveal a Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram image for you inside of the Easil dashboard! They’re FREE for you to use in Easil!
Want more sizes? Easy – just use our handy resize feature in Easil. You an also switch out the images or text to create your own design.
Don’t have an Easil account? You can register via this link or the link on any of the images. You’ll be guided to sign up for your free account (and we’ll even upgrade you to Plus level for the first 30 days). Once you are signed in to your account, any of the images on this post will open up in the 3 handy social media sizes, ready for you to share, edit or re-size!
Trust us, after sharing a few of these images, you’ll be ready to kick fear to the curb, give Fear a hug…. or laugh in its face. Our designers are currently walking around the office as confident as Iron Man. We think all the inspirational picture quotes are wearing off on them!
Over to You
What are your favourite inspirational picture quotes from this post? What quote have we missed that you LOVE when it comes to fear and failure and success?